ARE YOU A WILDLY DEDICATED DATA ENGINEER?
Do you tidy data like Marie Kondo tidies apartments? If so, we have a job that is bound to spark joy in you. ChefSteps currently has thousands of time-series data streams from Joule (our sous vide tool) that we need to use in near real-time, and that we will also need to leverage later for machine learning, customer support, and manufacturing optimization. If you are an experienced data engineer looking to Kondo-ize some pretty intriguing data, we want to hear from you.
Born of a love of cooking, ChefSteps is a smart kitchen product company building tools to help people cook more, have more fun cooking, and get incredible results every time. In 2016 we launched Joule, the smartest, smallest, and most powerful sous vide tool on the market. Controlled by a smartphone or tablet (plus Amazon Alexa and Facebook Messenger), Joule has been used to cook more than one million meals—and counting—and is sold at Amazon.com, Sur La Table, and the ChefSteps website. We are currently hard at work on new smart tools, features, and services that will prove integral to the kitchen of the future. Want to create incredible cooking experiences for people everywhere, and eat a lot of great food along the way? Read on.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with data scientists and mathematicians to help ChefSteps users cook smarter and in new ways
- Work with software and hardware engineers to wrangle marketing and sales data, app and web usage data, and to mine social media data
- Spearhead the effort to design and deploy a robust, sustainable solution to replace ad hoc methods of wrangling these complex data types
- Design data warehouse solutions, AWS, SQL/NOSQL databases, and work queues. Our backend code is written in Node, Ruby, and Python and uses S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, SNS, and Redshift—so you should be prepared to write scripts and deploy production services using these technologies
- Collaborate with coworkers from a diverse set of backgrounds—you will work with writers, marketers, chefs, software engineers...all sorts of people
- Communicate with your coworkers and do what it takes to get things done in a collaborative and positive way
PERKS OF THE JOB:
- Full health coverage, plus dental and eye insurance
- Competitive salary, plus annual adjustments and ownership in the form of shares and/or options
- Incredible parties, trips, happy hours, and more—many of us come from a hospitality background, and we like to do it up right
- Dog-friendly office environment
- DIY vacation and sick-day policy
- So much good food and really great free coffee
- Downtown Seattle location (in the heart of Pike Place Market)
- Design your own workstation—we encourage employees to request the equipment they need to do the best work possible