WHO WE ARE:
Born of a love of cooking, ChefSteps is a smart kitchen product company building tools to help people cook more, have more fun cooking, and get incredible results every time. In 2016 we launched Joule, the smartest, smallest, and most powerful sous vide tool on the market. Controlled by a smartphone or tablet (plus Amazon Alexa and Facebook Messenger), Joule has been used to cook more than one million meals—and counting—and is sold at Amazon.com, Sur La Table, and the ChefSteps website. We are currently hard at work on new smart tools, features, and services that will prove integral to the kitchen of the future. Hungry to create incredible cooking experiences for people everywhere, and eat a lot of great food along the way? Read on.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Test...a lot
- Automate everything you can find, from test scripts to process improvements
- Define, refine, and execute test plans for existing and cool new software
- Write enough test plan documentation and test cases that enable others to execute and/or automate
- Represent our customers in issue triage discussions
- Represent QA in company- and product-wide discussions
- Eat great food
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering, or a related field with 5+ years’ experience in software design/QA and programming
- Experience creating automation suites that run as part of the project CI and/or nightly build system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner to all audiences
- Comfortable in a collaborative, agile development environment
- Unabashedly customer-focused
- Ability to quickly assimilate whatever technologies are needed for a project
- Experience testing mobile apps
- Experiencing automating apps built in React Native
- Experience with unit test frameworks (e.g., Karma, JUnit)
- Comfortable with integration test frameworks (e.g., Jasmine, Appium)
PERKS OF THE JOB
- Full health coverage, plus vision and dental insurance
- Competitive pay, annual salary adjustments, 401(k) plan, and ownership in the form of shares and/or options
- Self-determined leave—you schedule your own vacation and sick days, coordinating directly with your teammates
- Enriching work environment: Whether you want to master chocolate soufflé, score pro photography tips, master new math skills, or learn to pilot a glider, your ChefSteps teammates can help you learn. We hire fascinating people from many different backgrounds—Michelin-star chefs, award-winning animators and designers, top engineers, and globetrotting journalists. If you come to work looking to get smarter, you’ve come to the right place.
- Design your own workstation—we encourage employees to request the tools and supplies they need to do their job well
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Seriously stocked coffee station: La Marzocco espresso maker, pour overs, French presses—we provide you with all of them, plus Herkimer beans for days. Just want a Nespresso? We got that too.
- So much free food—snacks to fuel you, dishes crafted by ridiculously talented chefs to feed your very soul. Seriously, it’s like working in a secret Seattle restaurant that also happens to be the best one.
- The best parties, sailing trips, mountain vacations, and more—many of us have a background in hospitality, and we like to do it up right
- Great location. First: We work in downtown Seattle which, wow. This city is amazing. Second, we are right in the heart of Pike Place Market, which means drinking, eating, and grocery shopping in a world-class food destination mere steps from your desk. What, pray tell, could be better than that?