ChefSteps is looking for an experienced director to join our James Beard Award–winning team of content creators.
We’re in search of a skilled director and videographer who can teach us things we don’t know about making great video, telling engaging stories, and translating business goals into compelling creative work. But we’re also looking for a great collaborator who can communicate with a team of other creative types to set goals, exchange feedback, and brainstorm ideas. The right person will have the confidence and know-how to own a creative project from ideation to delivery yet remain humble enough to work in any production role needed to finish the job.
ChefSteps is a fast-growing and well-funded culinary and technology company. We make smart kitchen tools, software, recipe content, and other products designed to help people cook more often and with greater ease, and achieve incredible results at home. We are headquartered in the heart of Seattle's Pike Place Market.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity, and we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, vegan & vegetarian status, or really any status whatsoever. If you’re alive, you’re damn good at some stuff, you eat things sometimes, and you think you can help make ChefSteps better, we want to hear from you.
Why Work Here?
- Awesome health care
- Free food, the amazing kind
- Parental leave
- Unlimited sick and vacation time
- Learning all day
- Small teams
- Coffee, the good kind, all day
What You’ll Do:
- Concept and shoot videos and photos, ranging in scale from in-app product content to ads to recipes
- Work with chefs to capture them at their most dynamic and engaging
- Create visual assets to fit into long-term campaigns and solve specific problems for the business
- Own the work from beginning to end
What You’ll Bring:
- Skill at crafting and editing stories that capture attention, educate, and entertain
- Creative ideas about using video to drive product awareness and consideration
- Strong attention to branding and a well-developed concept of how brand works in video
- Strong visual design aesthetic and impeccable taste
- Team-oriented mindset and flexible attitude
- Proven ability to work across teams to synthesize feedback and input from creative stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment where you will be working on multiple projects with shifting priorities
- A pragmatic approach to testing and iterating, and an enthusiasm for learning what works and what doesn’t—and making changes from there
- Sense of humor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of professional experience shooting and directing moving images
- Intellectual curiosity and a hunger to learn about and explore new ideas and concepts
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite—Premiere, Media Encoder, and After Effects
- A passion and appreciation for food and lifestyle brands and a desire to be immersed in a world of high-quality cooking
- Experience directing creative assets for advertising
- A unique perspective or background that expands our team’s ability to think across cultures or disciplines