Are you a fearless email marketer with a passion for leveraging high-quality content to combat inbox fatigue?
As an email marketer at ChefSteps, you’ll be responsible for planning, crafting, and sending emails to our global audience of passionate cooks. You’ll work on customer development and retention strategies, and work to keep growing our email marketing channel. You’ll need to be creative, but also willing to subject your ideas to the rigors of empirical testing. We want your flashes of brilliance as well as your analytical insight so that we’re not fooled by randomness.
WHO WE ARE
Born of a love of cooking, ChefSteps is a smart kitchen product company building tools to help people cook more, have more fun cooking, and get incredible results, every time. In 2016 we launched Joule, the smartest, smallest, and most powerful sous vide tool on the market. Controlled by a smartphone or tablet (plus Amazon Alexa and Facebook Messenger), Joule has been used to cook more than one million meals—and counting—and is sold at Amazon.com, Sur La Table, and the ChefSteps website. We are currently hard at work on new smart tools, features, and services that will prove integral to the kitchen of the future. Hungry to create incredible cooking experiences for people everywhere, and eat a lot of great food along the way? Read on.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage creation and execution of email marketing campaigns
- Oversee QA and end-to-end testing for email templates
- Drive and optimize key traffic and revenue metrics including channel growth, CTR, open rates, incremental revenue lift, engagement, and retention
- Accurately assess and report on the delivery and performance of each email campaign
- Leverage email marketing tools to develop transactional, promotional, and informational content strategies
- Work with our team to develop and execute lead nurturing and drip campaigns
- Work with our team to develop and execute a content strategy for engagement and retention of Joule owners
- Identify opportunities to leverage our email channel to maximize partnerships and media reach
- 3–5 years of demonstrated success in email marketing roles
- Exceptional written communication skills, with experience writing compelling messages to consumers
- Results-driven, with exceptional knowledge around metrics, specifically A/B testing and ROI analysis
- Experience working with major ESPs is a must
- Understanding and working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite, with ability to create compelling and effective email designs
- Passion for retention and email marketing, as well as a drive to succeed
- Localization experience preferred
PERKS OF THE JOB
- Full health coverage, plus vision and dental insurance
- Competitive pay, annual salary adjustments, 401(k) plan, and ownership in the form of shares and/or options
- Self-determined leave—you schedule your own vacation and sick days, coordinating directly with your teammates
- Enriching work environment: Whether you want to master chocolate souffle, score pro photography tips, master new math skills, or learn to pilot a glider, your ChefSteps teammates can help you learn. We hire fascinating people from many different backgrounds—Michelin Star chefs, award-winning animators and designers, top engineers, and globetrotting journalists. If you come to work looking to get smarter, you’ve come to the right place.
- Design your own workstation—we encourage employees to request the tools and supplies they need to do their job well
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Seriously stocked coffee station: La Marzocco espresso maker, pour overs, French presses—we provide you with all of them, plus Herkimer beans for days. Just want a Nespresso? We got that too.
- So much free food—snacks to fuel you, dishes crafted by ridiculously talented chefs to feed your very soul. Seriously, it’s like working in a secret Seattle restaurant that also happens to be the best one.
- The best parties, sailing trips, mountain vacations, and more—many of us have a background in hospitality, and we like to do it up right
- Great location. First: We work in downtown Seattle which, wow. This city is amazing. Second, we are right in the heart of Pike Place Market, which means drinking, eating, and grocery shopping in a world-class food destination mere steps from your desk. What, pray tell, could be better than that?