ChefSteps is looking for a part-time customer experience/social media specialist with exceptionally strong writing and communication skills. This person must have a deep appreciation for hospitality in business and be ready to represent our company in any situation. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a generous and friendly spirit, and a great sense of humor. We believe that the best way to grow our brand is to foster great relationships with our customers and community members by providing unrelenting hospitality and empathy throughout the customer experience process. Want to help create and maintain an ambitious, one-of-a kind customer service experience? Join us!
WHO WE ARE:
Born of a love of cooking, ChefSteps is a smart kitchen product company building tools to help people cook more, have more fun cooking, and get incredible results every time. In 2016 we launched Joule, the smartest, smallest, and most powerful sous vide tool on the market. Controlled by a smartphone or tablet (plus Amazon Alexa and Facebook Messenger), Joule has been used to cook more than one million meals—and counting—and is sold at Amazon.com, Sur La Table, and the ChefSteps website. We are currently hard at work on new smart tools, features, and services that will prove integral to the kitchen of the future. Hungry to create incredible cooking experiences for people everywhere, and eat a lot of great food along the way? Read on.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help grow our customer experience team under the guidance of our customer experience director and our digital marketing strategist, and in collaboration with our social media, content, and product teams
- Communicate with customers about our products and answer culinary questions, with a focus on providing above-and-beyond interactions that impress and delight the rapidly growing ChefSteps customer base
- Weekends required for this position
- Four-year college degree or equivalent
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated writing, editing, and proofreading skills and the ability to assume a brand personality
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail—you pride yourself on accurate and thorough execution
- Ability to learn new customer service interaction tools quickly and easily
- Experience responding to customers on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Ability to build rapport and productive relationships with customers—you know how to turn an unhappy customer into a lifelong promoter
- High degree of comfort navigating software applications—you should be proficient with spreadsheets and, ideally, familiar with inventory and order-fulfillment systems
- Excellent judgment, demonstrated by experience resolving situations in both the customer’s and company’s best interests
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment—you know the right questions to ask, and arrive at the answers quickly without getting bogged down in overly complex analyses
- Previous customer service experience in e-commerce, retail, or hospitality industries
- Deep knowledge of hospitality in business
- An appreciation and knowledge of food, cooking, and food media
PERKS OF THE JOB
- Self-determined leave—you schedule your own vacation and sick days, coordinating directly with your teammates
- Enriching work environment: Whether you want to master chocolate soufflé, score pro photography tips, master new math skills, or learn to pilot a glider, your ChefSteps teammates can help you learn. We hire fascinating people from many different backgrounds—Michelin-star chefs, award-winning animators and designers, top engineers, and globetrotting journalists. If you come to work looking to get smarter, you’ve come to the right place.
- Design your own workstation—we encourage employees to request the tools and supplies they need to do their job well
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Seriously stocked coffee station: La Marzocco espresso maker, pour overs, French presses—we provide you with all of them, plus Herkimer beans for days. Just want a Nespresso? We got that too.
- So much free food—snacks to fuel you, dishes crafted by ridiculously talented chefs to feed your very soul. Seriously, it’s like working in a secret Seattle restaurant that also happens to be the best one.
- The best parties, sailing trips, mountain vacations, and more—many of us have a background in hospitality, and we like to do it up right
- Great location. First: We work in downtown Seattle which, wow. This city is amazing. Second, we are right in the heart of Pike Place Market, which means drinking, eating, and grocery shopping in a world-class food destination mere steps from your desk. What, pray tell, could be better than that?