Are You an Electronics Test Engineer Who Is Passionate About Food? Do you love spending time in the lab trying to break things? Are you as comfortable with electronics test equipment as you are with a soldering iron? ChefSteps is seeking an electronics test engineer and technician to support the hardware team and bring amazing new products to market.
WHO WE ARE
Born of a love of cooking, ChefSteps is a smart kitchen product company building tools to help people cook more, have more fun cooking, and get incredible results every time. In 2016 we launched Joule, the smartest, smallest, and most powerful sous vide cooking tool on the market. Controlled by a smartphone or tablet (plus Amazon Alexa and Facebook Messenger), Joule has been used by our community of cooks to create more than 1 million meals—and counting—and is sold at Amazon.com, Sur La Table, and the ChefSteps website. We are currently hard at work on new products, features, and services that will prove integral to the kitchen of the future. Want to create incredible cooking experiences for people everywhere, and eat a lot of great food along the way? Read on.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create test plans and run tests on existing and new hardware, as part of research and verification efforts
- Proactively establish processes and automation surrounding different types of hardware testing (e.g. white box, black box, verification, accelerated life testing)
- Coordinate with software QA team
- PCBA modifications and rework
- Interface with contract manufacturing test engineers and support manufacturing with occasional on-site visits
- Support testing at third-party labs (e.g. EMC, safety, HALT)
- Hands-on electronics prototyping experience, including soldering and rework of fine-pitch SMT components
- Strong lab skills, including the use of common test and measurement equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, etc.) to collect data and document results
- Developing and automating various types of tests based on working knowledge of a system
- Ability to think and work across disciplines
- Experience working directly on site with contract manufacturers
- Experience with industry-standard CAD/EDA tools, including schematic entry, and PCB layout (Altium Designer is preferred)
- Electronics design experience
- Regulatory compliance (e.g. FCC, CE, UL)
- Knowledgeable in scripting languages
- Work with high-volume consumer electronics products
- EMC testing and troubleshooting
PERKS OF THE JOB
- Full health coverage, plus vision and dental insurance
- Competitive pay, annual salary adjustments, 401(k) plan, and ownership in the form of shares and/or options
- Self-determined leave—you schedule your own vacation and sick days, coordinating directly with your teammates
- Enriching work environment: Whether you want to master chocolate soufflé, score pro photography tips, pick up new math skills, or learn to pilot a glider, your ChefSteps teammates can help you. We hire fascinating people from many different backgrounds—Michelin-star chefs, award-winning animators and designers, top engineers, and globe-trotting journalists. If you come to work looking to get smarter, you’ll be at the right place.
- Design your own workstation—we encourage employees to request the tools and supplies they need to do their job well
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Seriously stocked coffee station: La Marzocco espresso maker, pour overs, French presses—we provide you with all of them, plus Herkimer beans for days. Just want a Nespresso? We’ve got that too.
- So much free food—snacks to fuel you, dishes crafted by ridiculously talented chefs to feed your very soul. Seriously, it’s like working in a secret Seattle restaurant that also happens to be the city’s best.
- The best parties, sailing trips, mountain vacations, and more—many of us have a background in hospitality, and we like to do it up right
- Great location: First, we work in downtown Seattle, which, wow. This city is amazing. Second, we are right in the heart of Pike Place Market, which means drinking, eating, and grocery shopping in a world-class food destination mere steps from your desk. What, pray tell, could be better than that?
We believe a diverse team creates better products and a more rewarding work culture, and this belief centers our hiring process. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. To learn more about our company culture, please see our About page