Are you the curious one who is always figuring out how things work, and then finding the flaws only as a way to make those things work better? Do sticky bugs make it even more interesting for you? Do you find satisfaction when you can automate yourself out of manual regression passes? Do you appreciate close collaboration with the development team to inspire quality, customer-focused products? Do you also know how to set the right quality bar while keeping a product and yourself on schedule? If so, you might be the person who can help us change the way our consumers cook at home, and to innovate on the kitchen of the future.
What you’ll do:
- Test—a lot
- Automate everything you can find, from test scripts to process improvements
- Define, refine, and execute test plans for existing and cool new software
- Write enough test plan documentation and test cases that enable others to execute and/or automate
- Represent our customers in issue triage discussions
- Represent QA in company- and product-wide discussions
- Eat great food
What will help you be most successful:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical field, such as computer science, computer engineering, or a related field, with 5+ years of experience in software design/QA and programming
- Experience creating automation suites that run as part of the project CI and/or nightly build system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner to all audiences
- Comfortable in a collaborative, agile development environment
- Unabashedly customer-focused
- Ability to quickly assimilate whatever technologies are needed for a project
- Testing mobile apps
- Automating apps built in React Native
- Knowledge of unit test frameworks (e.g., Karma, JUnit)
- Comfortable with integration test frameworks (e.g., Jasmine, Appium)
In return, please enjoy:
- Full health coverage, plus vision and dental insurance.
- Competitive pay, annual salary adjustments, 401(k) plan with company match, and ownership in the form of shares and/or options.
- Self-determined leave—you schedule your own vacation and sick days, coordinating directly with your teammates.
- Enriching work environment: Whether you want to master a chocolate soufflé, score pro photography tips, master new math skills, or learn to pilot a glider, your ChefSteps teammates can help you learn. We hire fascinating people from many different backgrounds—Michelin-star chefs, award-winning animators and designers, top engineers, and globe-trotting journalists. If you come to work looking to get smarter, you’ve come to the right place.
- Designing your own workstation—we encourage employees to request the tools and supplies they need to do their job well.
- A dog-friendly work environment; well-behaved canines welcomed.
- A seriously stocked coffee station: La Marzocco espresso maker, pour overs, French presses—we provide you with all of them, plus Herkimer beans for days. Just want a Nespresso? We’ve got that, too.
- So much free food—snacks to fuel you and dishes crafted by ridiculously talented chefs to feed your very soul. Seriously, it’s like working in a secret Seattle restaurant that also happens to be the best one.
- The best parties, sailing trips, mountain vacations, and more—many of us have a background in hospitality, and we like to do it up right.
- Great location. First: We work in downtown Seattle, which—wow! This city is amazing. Second, we are right in the heart of Pike Place Market, which means drinking, eating, and grocery shopping in a world-class food destination mere steps from your desk. What, pray tell, could be better than that?
Who we are:
Born of a love of cooking, ChefSteps is a smart kitchen product company building tools to help people have more fun while cooking more, and get incredible results every time. In 2016 we launched Joule, the smartest, smallest, and most powerful sous vide device on the market. Controlled by a smartphone or tablet (plus Amazon Alexa and Facebook Messenger), Joule has been used to cook more than 1 million meals—and counting—and is sold at Amazon.com, Sur La Table, and the ChefSteps website. We are currently hard at work on new products, features, and services that will prove integral to the kitchen of the future.
We believe a diverse team creates better products and a more rewarding work culture, and this belief centers our hiring process. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. To learn more about our company culture, please see our About page.